Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hello Nate Berkus

Today was Nate's last day with Oprah. He is saying goodbye to the Oprah show and hello to his own show: "The Nate Show".


Last night I got this email:


Now at first I thought I was finally going to get to see the Oprah Show (the email comes from the Oprah reservation email address). I started throwing my hands up in the air and making this awful high pitched shrieking noise. My husband looked a little nervous. And then I read on. No, I was not - finally - getting Oprah Show tickets which I have been attempting to get for years. However, as you can see, I did get tickets to a test taping for Nate's new show at Harpo Studios. It may not be Oprah but I am still ecstatic! I have loved his work for a long time (hence me buying his furniture off HSN), and I cannot wait to go see him with my mom and sister in tow.


He has created lots of great spaces both on Oprah as well as for real clients. But my absolute favorite space by Nate is his sisters apartment.



One of my inspiration vignettes - love the blue of that dresser.







My favorite thing about this space is the way he mixed different finishes. He has both golds and silvers for his metals and both dark and light wood for his furniture pieces. The basis of this room is neutrals, lots of grays and creams in the furniture, bedding, walls, and pillows. But by adding metallics, as well as bright colors via throw pillows and florals the room does not look bland at all. It looks so classic and I'm sure by just mixing up the accessories that this is a room that can be reinvented over time without spending a fortune. This is what I love about all his work and why I am so excited to attend this test taping and see what he has to share!

11 comments:

  1. Um, hello jealous! Good for you, wear something bright and fabulous and for sure he'll let you ask a question. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you - his sister's apartment was a stand out project. Attainable and stylish without being overly fussy. How jealous am I of your Nate Show tickets?! I can't wait until you give us the scoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited Nate is getting his own show -- I'm totally going to have to DVR it!

    And I think it's so cute how his sister's pad sports all his HSN stuff (which is great stuff btw -- quality is superb for the price).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his style and have never seen his sister's apartment - thank you for sharing! Have fun at the show!

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I love Nate
    I have tried for Oprah tickets too, no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the sister's apartment so much!! How fun that you are going to see his new show LIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! i want to go...did you write a letter to oprah about being a fan of nate's or did you sign up for his fan club? (if he has one?) seriously, how can i get in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh... forget Oprah! You're going to see Nate Berkus!!! *sigh*
    -ME

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you had a FABULOUS time! the bit about the shrieking was funny, too. i would LOVE LOVE LOVE oprah tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete