Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hello Eddie Ross

He is coming! I was so excited to see that Eddie Ross will be making his way to the Chicago area this June. I have already RSVP'd for both events. The first event he will be talking about presentation of food/drink/etc for entertaining, and the second event is one of his infamous flea market trips where you walk around with him and see what he would pick out and what his creative mind would do with it. The first event Eddie is having is with the owner of Scentimental Gardens in Geneva. Eddie seems to be impressed with her party throwing skills so I can only imagine what she does must be pretty amazing. The stores website also makes the shop look pretty great, lots of antiques, garden furniture, and decor accessories - definitely a place I am going to have to check out.

I love interior design (clearly) but I also love event design - anything from weddings to birthday parties to holidays in your own home. I just don't think it gets much better than being surrounded by people you love in a beautiful environment you've created. Eddie Ross is a superstar in all design areas. His floral design, table settings, and home projects have me completely obsessed. So to say I'm excited is definitely an understatement. Here are some of my favorite presentations of Eddie's.


Peonies and ranunculus are my absolute favorite and I adore how they look on black here.

Who wouldn't enjoy a table like this for Christmas Dinner


You can never go wrong with flowering branches. I love the way they look and they add so much height to a space visually.

Closet turned beautiful bar - why not?!


I love this wreath - this project is on my to do list for next Holiday season.




The infamous secretary makeover.

If you are in the Chicago area I'd look into signing up, I really don't think you'll be sorry!

13 comments:

  1. i might have to go on the flea market trip-fun stuff that he's gonna be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie is wonderful. He is enthusiastic and kind. He loves what he does and is infectious. You will enjoy meeting him.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these pictures!!!!

    everyone please check out and follow my blog!!! I promise you will like it :o)

    sunnypeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie is the greatest! As nice in person too. You are going to have so much fun! Wish I could be there. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not even explain the jealousy I have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who can do a tablscape quite like Eddie. Seriously, his flower arranging is impeccable. So jealous you're getting to meet him soon!

    (Btw, thanks for stopping by Odi et Amo! Love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met him last week in NYC, so nice. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So looking forward to seeing you in June! Thanks for such a sweet post!

    Eddie + Jaithan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello new blog! Absolutely adore everything Eddie does! Fun reading this round up here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will see you there. Looking forward to meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just found your blog and loving it!

    can't wait to meet you at the eddie event. he is more amazing than you even imagine.
    fyi; there are rooms for those that want to stay the night at the club 50.00 +tax per night. we may all be there late having a good time. let us know if you want to book
    debra
    scentimentalgardens.com

    ReplyDelete