Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello Bookcases

If you recall a while back I had blogged about my ideas for our built in bookcases, if you  missed it you can catch up here.  Well a few months after that post the plans were all finalized and the installation began.  I'll go through the before/after photos as well as some during in a different post. For now I want to share with you how I used them to display some of our Christmas decor.  Now introducing, our built-in bookcases!

This was the first year we really had a place to display lots of Christmas decor and I loved it.  

 We set the bottoms shelf near the entrance up as a bar.  A few bottles of liquor, some pretty glasses decked out with some brass deer and surrounded by faux trees made it festive.

 Here is a close up of another shelf.  The gold sequin bird was from west elm last year and those bowls are of course anthropologie.


 Here is a better look of the left side.

 And the right side.


 These dogs are a favorite of mine!  I picked them up at a little store in Andersonville for $28 - score.


 We brought our boxwoods indoors for the winter.  To dress them up for Christmas I wrapped their planters in burlap and tied them with and aqua satin bow.  These clearly have nothing to do with our bookcases but I really loved how these turned out.

Hope you enjoyed a little pick into our Christmas decor.  I'll be posting photos of our tree this week and then will finally be putting all of our Holiday items to rest for the year.  How about you all - how long do you keep your Christmas decor up?  What is your favorite part of the house to decorate for the Holidays?

Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway - it ends this Wednesday at midnight!

2 comments:

  1. They look wonderful. I love combining books with favorite special "goodies" into my bookcases and yours are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We have some built in bookcases i'm looking to 'decorate' .. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete