Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello Pantry

I've been dreaming of a pantry as of recently. I think it is all still a part of my organization kick that started back in November. I got off to a good start but if you saw my house now, you would not know it.

We will be redoing our second bathroom this spring (the first one is 95% finished and I refuse to do a post on it until it is completely done and being used daily - which I hope, pray, and wish will be soon!). Moving on to the point of all of this - the bathroom is unnecessarily large for a second bathroom - there is plenty of space for a bath tub, vanity, and toilet with plenty of room to spare. This bathroom just so happens to back up to our kitchen.

Because there is a kitchen reno in the distant but hopefully not too distant future - I came up with a plan to close up the back portion of the bathroom so that when we do reno the kitchen we can open up a doorway into that space and have a nice little pantry. I made a lovely slideshow with images for my husband to present the idea to him. I think he's in - and if not he will be when it's actually time (crossing fingers). I apologize for the length of the explanation, but hopefully you can start to see how manic my brain really is. If you read through all that I am totally impressed and your reward is my favorite pantry inspiration photos.

I definitely want to be able to squeeze in a small desk space like the on pictured above. I'm thinking this will be pretty close to the actual amount of space that we will have. I hope. My major goal is for it to be a functional space - help keep kitchen items organized - maybe a nice little space to make coffee - and a small, cramped place to sit by myself and pay bills, blog, and dream about what part of the house I'll work on next.


I would love to add a pretty chandelier like this one.


I love the little pass through in the one above - we won't be getting that fancy nor will we have anywhere near this much space but the cabinetry and backsplash in this one is perfect.

I'm hoping it will be the epitome of organized like this one from Emerson Made

Lots of white dishes - perfection!

And I will definitely need a place for my cookbooks.

And a place for an amazing espresso machine like in the one above or below would not be too shabby either.

What would you include in your dream pantry? And if you already have one I'd love to hear how you use it - is it truly a functional space or just somewhere you throw canned goods and things you don't want anybody to see?


I believe that I borrowed all of the images from Houzz and I know the last one is Martha - if you have any more det's on sources please do share and I will add them.

2 comments:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL. We have a teeny tiny pantry that needs organized very badly. I am glad we have it but I would loooove to have one like these. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That emersonmade pantry makes my heart flutter!

    ReplyDelete