Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello Christmas Table

I'm finally getting around to posting the photos from Christmas day at our house. I know it's a little late (as in more than a month) but better late than never right?!

Here is our table.

Bird's eye view. I purchased bunches of white flowers from a local florist.

The linen is from Crate and Barrel and the runner is just a $2 piece of burlap from JoAnn's.

Owl salt and pepper shakers from etsy.


I purchased Jadeite dinner plates on etsy and ebay, and the salad plates are my grandma's china. I love the gold greek key pattern on these.


Here is a look at our bar. I set it up on the console table in our entryway. Our entryway is right between our dining room and living room. The idea here was that hopefully by putting the drinks and appetizers out here it would keep the party out of the kitchen - it definitely helped to keep the kitchen a little quieter and less chaotic.

I grew paperwhites for the first time this year and I loved them.

Cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto.

Gold and white polka dot glasses purchased at an antique store and silver straws from west elm.

I'm in love with this pitcher (belt and all) - another antique store find. These bacon wrapped dates were delish and very easy to make.


I hope you enjoyed our Christmas dinner decor!



5 comments:

  1. I like Owl salt and pepper shakers from etsy. i have 2 pair and everyone ask for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love these pictures. I like how your table is not decked out in red and green for Christmas. It looks so classic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I especially love how the Jadeite made the china really pop - creative idea! We just bought an old stereo console to refinish in our dining room and I think I may add a little bar tray on top - going to take some inspiration from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i love that you are just doing this now. happy you did, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. better late than never!! I looove those polka dot glasses! (merry christmas! hehe)

    ReplyDelete