Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Dream

Everyone has dreams of what their future will hold.  One of my (many) dreams is about our future home.  I think one of my favorite things about interior design is that you can really work with a space to make it functional and, at the same time, really beautiful.  My dream for our future home is to have a space that is a pretty place for myself, my family and my guests to come to and that still works for our lives and, hopefully, a growing family.  Recently Brooke of Velvet & Linen wrote a beautiful post about putting their home on the market. They truly have made this house a home for their family.  It is so visually appealing and yet each space works for each member of the family.  It really is a home that was made and is filled with love - my dream.

Coming home to that front yard everyday would just be so amazing.

I love how this family room has the big TV for everyone to enjoy, lots of comfy seating, and a good amount of storage to most likely hide all the other electronics, dvds, games, etc.

A kitchen that overlooks that great family room.  It allows for people to cook and eat and still be a part of whatever is going on in with the rest of the family.
 

 
 
A great space for kids to play games, read or have study groups - lots of seating and table space.


A master bedroom that is spacious and tranquil - a great escape or a great space for their kids to gather round on early mornings while the family is just waking.

One unbelievably amazing back yard and pool space - amazing for friends and family to gather.

We all have dreams for what our future will hold - does yours include a dream home?  What does your dream home consist of?

For more inspiration by Giannetti Home visit here.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing house! I can see why you love it so much. I am so happy to meet other Chicago bloggers too! And don't worry, I don't think you are a stalker b/c I am that girl that always repins your pins on Pinterest! Looking forward to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your beautiful post on my house!
    Our home really was a labor of love.
    It's been a wonderful place to raise our family.
    I hope you will follow our new adventure as we build our next house, Patina Farm!

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete