Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hello Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we are lucky enough to be able to enjoy dinner at my parents home - much less stressful and much less work than hosting it ourselves. Last year, however, we did host Thanksgiving in our home and it was the first Holiday we had hosted for our families.

Here are some images of our Thanksgiving table from last year.

I spray painted manzanita branches and pumpkins a silver/gold color.

The linens are from Martha Stewart's line for Macy's - I got them on clearance and it's a great silver/grey color with a simple, pretty pattern.

We used the china we had received for our wedding and my Grandmothers silver which I was lucky enough to receive as a shower gift. (I really wish I would have fixed that crooked spoon prior to this photo!).

Here is a photo of my husband's father and my father cutting our turkey. It was the first turkey I have ever made on my own. I brined it for 2 days in Williams Sonoma brine and then cooked it in a bag on the day of - it was really delicious!


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment