Friday, January 30, 2009

Say it Ain't So...



As I stated in my first post, my husband and I just bought our first home in October (October 31st to be exact).  Immediately my time became consumed with looking at inspirations for decorating our home.  I began spending lots of time at Borders looking through home design magazines.  Domino of course quickly became a favorite of mine.  A few weeks ago I purchased their book.  I was so excited when I purchased the book because it came with a free subscription!  I ran home with my purchase, filled out the little post card and handed it to my post man (post lady really).  

Of course, within days of this I begin to see the posts on my daily parusing through blogs - Domino is closing its pages.  Go figure. I'm so jealous of all those that have been lovers of this magazine for years and were able to collect all their beautiful images.  I, on the other hand,  had collected a lousy 2.

Well as soon as I find out, I came up with what I believe to be a genius idea - ebay!  I purchased a few magazines the week it was announced that Domino was finito for just a few dollars a magazine - fabulous.  I only bought about 5 that week.  Now they are about 20 dollars a pop which I'm pretty sure would give my husband a heart attack if I showed him any magazine that I spent 20 dollars on.  So I'm waiting it out and frequently stalking ebay for the suckers that are still willing to give them away for a couple dollars.

Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment