Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello Guest Bath

Alright folks, I'm going to need your help on this one. Today is the last day of the Restoration Hardware Bath sale and I need to make some purchases. Mainly - a drain trap, water supply lines, and a faucet. Below is the Gramercy Washstand with glass legs. I purchased this sucker last year on super sale from Restoration Hardware (minus the marble top - I can purchase one somewhere for way less than what RH was going to charge). The finish on mine is satin nickel because that is all that was available. Would it be OK to order the other items in polished nickel? I like the shiny-ness more on the polished finish. What about mixing finishes - could I do the satin nickel and add some brass/bronzey hardware? So many decisions and so little time.


And for the even bigger questions what look do I go for in here? It is a guest bathroom, we have a claw foot tub that was originally in our master bath, and we have a toilet that is already there. Other than that I've just got lots of ideas and pretty images.

Wallpaper
Anna Kohler via Renovation Style


Turquoise
Steven Gambrel via Elle Decor

I'm loving the brass in these images but I'm a little chicken to go that route - would you/have you?!
via Houzz


Soothing neutrals.


Pretty tiles

Venetian Mirrors.

Dark colors

Suzanna Bierwirth via Blueprint



And my current fave: Herringbone pattern.



I'm also loving the shape of the backsplash in this one.

I'm stuck. Help.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ~ I'm loving the herringbone! And I have to say, I think silver tones (nickle finishes) always look polished in bathrooms ~ I'd leave the bronze for hardware elsewhere. Just my two scents! All your inspiration pics are beautiful though so I don't think you'll go wrong :)

    ~Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the washstand it's just beautiful - will work well I think with the polished hardware and also the herringbone floor. One thing your pics reminded me of is how stunning a statement mirror looks in a bathroom. I have a venetian mirror that i am thinking of putting in the bathroom - just moving into our new house and can't yet afford to renovate so will be working with existing tiles and colour scheme.....might be a challenge but could be worse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the legs of the console should match up with the hardware. i'm all about mixing finishes, but in this instance i think it should be the same to look more cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first selection with the lucite! Stay warm and have a great wknd! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your vanity! sorry i'm no help with the decision making.

    ReplyDelete