Thursday, October 8, 2009

FLOR'd

My husband and I have been on a rug search for our living room pretty much since we moved in almost a year ago. It seems to be an impossible mission. Everything we find that we like is priced in the thousands, and we really just cannot afford to spend that kind of money on a rug. And most of what we find that is in our price range we don't really love. A couple of weeks ago I saw this image on Apartment Therapy and think I just may have found our solution.


When I showed my husband the image he thought it looked great, when I told him they were squares he didn't seem so thrilled. So this may take some convincing but I usually win when it comes to matters of the home. Well actually I just usually win - no matter what.


To my surprise, yesterday while I was in the outdoor section at Jayson Home and Garden we realized it connected directly to the Flor store. I couldn't resist taking a peek. Once we got inside I even got my mom hooked on the idea and she is now ordering a different pattern for under her kitchen table. In the store they had the pattern I like (pictured above) but with a solid border. I really love this look. Similar to this.


I also found a few great black and white options that I think could work perfectly in our office/guest bedroom.




Here are some other great images from their site.









Does anyone have any experience with these? If so I'd love to hear about it!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Chicago is my home town! Love the new patterns FLOR has come out with! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the commment. I am glad you enjoy the blog. love the pics above. i need to get some stripes asap.

    ReplyDelete